At Red Apple Education we recognise the benefits that tuition can provide in supplementing your child’s learning and progress. We offer bespoke tuition tailored to the needs of your child to ensure that we can produce clear and tangible progress during the time they are with us. We structure our course of study to meet the needs of the individual and we have specialist staff with the skills to get the very best out of your child.
If you would like to register your child for our tuition or perhaps have a conversation on what we could offer then please do not hesitate to call us on 0151 3364842.
At Key Stage 2, the programme of study for your child retains aspects of Key Stage 1 skills but becomes more challenging with greater expectations in term of progress and attainment. Our tuition is tailored to support your child’s transition to this greater expectation and to provide your child with the skills and techniques required to support progression.
- Comprehension – Ordering and matching information, expressing opinion, comparing and contrasting texts and questions, correct quotation techniques.
- Literature – Fiction and Non-Fiction, Poetry, Understanding characters.
- Language – Structure and Variation, Similes, Metaphors and Personification, Alliteration, Assonance, Onomatopoeia, Connectives and Clauses, Verbal Reasoning
- Composition – Letter Writing, Formal and Informal Letters, Fiction and Non-Fiction, Media-based texts (Newspaper articles), Persuasive Writing (Leaflets and Brochures)
- Spelling and Handwriting – Prefixes and Suffixes
- Punctuation and Grammar – Language Structure, Paragraphs, Speech Marks, Sentences, Apostrophes, Comparatives and Superlatives.
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division
- Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
- Place Value
- Negative Numbers
- Number Patterns
- Area, Perimeter and Volume
- Reflective and Rotational Symmetry
- 2D and 3D Shapes
- Imperial and Metric Units
- Mode, Median, Mean and Range
- Bar and Line Graphs